Acceptance for carriage of unaccompanied children, incapacitated persons, pregnant women, and persons with illness or other people requiring special assistance is subject to prior arrangement with Maluti Sky and at our reasonable Discretion. Passengers with Special Assistance need to contact Maluti Sky office for advance request on +266 52500761/ +266 52500759, the request need to be made 3 days before flight departure.
An unaccompanied minor is a child 5 to 11 years of age on the date the flight commences who is travelling without the supervision of a parent or guardian who is aged 16 years or older who will be responsible for the safety of the child.
Children under 5 years of age will not be permitted to travel alone.
A young passenger is a child who is at least 12 years’ old, but under 16 years of age. A young passenger is permitted to travel on their own. If assistance is required for a young passenger, please inform Maluti Sky on +266 52500761/+266 52500759 at least 3 days before departure. Reservations for unaccompanied minors must be made directly with our reservations office, and cannot be booked online. Reservations for unaccompanied minors must be made at least 3 days before departure.
Conditions of carriage of unaccompanied Minors:
- Prior authorisation must have been given by Maluti Sky
- Unaccompanied minors must be in possession of written consent from their parent or guardians.
- The unaccompanied child must be escorted to the airport check-in desk for the
check-in procedure by a parent or guardian responsible for the unaccompanied
child who remains in the airport with an allocated member of our staff until the unaccompanied child has boarded the aircraft and it has departed from
- The parent or guardian responsible for the unaccompanied child is required to
provide the details of the person collecting the child at the destination airport to Maluti Sky.
- The unaccompanied child will be collected by another parent or guardian responsible
for the child (with full details of that person’s identity) and into whose custody
the child can be delivered.
-The Unaccompanied Minor will have a confirmed reservation for the flight and it is not reasonably anticipated by us that the flight will terminate at a place other
than its destination or make an unexpected stop at any other place due to
weather or other operational conditions.
- Maluti Sky does not carry Unaccompanied Minors who will be connecting to another flight without the supervision of a parent or guardian at the destination airport of the Maluti Sky flight.
- For safety and security reasons, we reserve the right to refuse travel if an unaccompanied child is not booked as an unaccompanied minor.
- Please ensure the check-in times are adhered to.
- Please ensure that the necessary documentation is completed and in order.
- At the check-in counter a Maluti Sky representative will escort the unaccompanied minor through the respective security checkpoints and passport control, and hand him or her over to the cabin attendants.
Download our Conditions of Carriage Maluti Sky.pdf