Refunds provided by Maluti Sky on a voluntary basis
Any ticket cancellation and refund made is subject to the fare purchased, the cancellation fees of the fare, our conditions of carriage and payment of the applicable Administration Fee which shall be charged on a per passenger basis.
In the event that a refund is due to a passenger, Maluti Sky will refund the fare paid for a refundable ticket or any unused portion thereof, together with applicable taxes, fees, charges in accordance with the applicable fare rules. On a non- refundable ticket, only applicable taxes will be refundable.
Maluti Sky is responsible for administering ticket cancellations and the processing of refunds for air fares and taxes purchased with Maluti Sky (7D) and with FlexFlight (W2) for flight numbers W2 4100 to 4111.
Maluti Sky has the following cancellation fees for different fare types purchased on our airline.
FARE TYPE CANCELLATION FEE
Super Saver Non refundable
Saver 50% of the fare purchased
Flexi 100% of the fare purchased
Maluti Sky will charge an administration fee of ZAR300 to process an air ticket where the passenger or travel agent has purchased an air ticket on Maluti Sky (7D) or FlexFlight (W2).
The administration fee of ZAR300 will be deducted from any refund amount due to the passenger.
Any taxes collected by Maluti Sky (7D) or FlexFlight (W2) at the time of ticket purchase are refundable on unused and partially used tickets even if the fare is non-refundable,
The administration fee of ZAR300 will be deducted from any tax amount due to the passenger.
Refunds for Involuntary Flight Operations
In the unfortunate event when a flight is cancelled, we fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, we fail to carry a passenger on a flight for which a confirmed reservation exists, the passenger has met applicable airport check-in and boarding deadlines and a passenger has not been refused carriage for reasons as per the conditions of carriage, Maluti Sky will refund the passenger as per the following conditions;
- For unused tickets Maluti Sky will refund an amount equal to the fare paid, including all applicable taxes, fees and charges if no portion of the ticket has been used.
- For partially used tickets Maluti Sky will refund an amount equal to the difference between the fares paid including all applicable taxes, fees and charges and the fare for travel between the points for which the passenger has used the ticket.
- Passengers who are entitled to a refund due to an involuntary flight operation will receive a refund voucher indicating the refund due from the Maluti Sky team at the airport where the involuntary flight operation occurred.
- Upon acceptance of a refund voucher Maluti Sky shall be released from any further liability and/or responsibility
In the event of a flight being cancelled or diverted as a result of adverse weather
Conditions, we will offer passengers a choice between making an alternative reservation within the validity of the Ticket, subject to availability or a refund less a administrative charge prevailing at the time of the refund.
Passengers not entitled to a refund
Passengers are not entitled to any form of refund on the ticked purchased or any other form of compensation when we have cancelled a ticket as a result of Refusal of Carriage or as a result of being a No-Show passenger due to not meeting the deadline for reporting to the airport check-in and/or the airport boarding gate.
More details are available under our Conditions of Carriage.
Period to apply for a refund
An air ticket may be submitted for a refund to Maluti Sky up to 6 months after the ticket has expired and the refund will be processed in accordance with the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage.
Refund Process for tickets purchased directly with Maluti Sky
| Please attach a copy of your electronic ticket, proof of payment, your full contact details and a copy of your passport.|
- The refund of an air ticket (not flown) will be processed within 7 working days after receipt of your email and 3 working days on air tickets where double payment was obtained or where an error was made on Maluti Sky`s side.
- Refunds will only be processed via the identical form of payment and currency in which the air ticket was purchased
- Refunds will only be provided to the person who has paid for the air ticket even if the passenger name is different to the person who has paid for the air ticket.
Refund Process for tickets purchased through an travel agent
- All requests for the refund of an air ticket issued through BSP can only be applied for via BSP Link.
- The refund of an air ticket will be processed via BSP Link within 60 days after receipt. You will be informed via an approve or reject notification in BSP Link
- Refunds will only be processed via the original form of payment in which the air ticket was issued.